16 jun 2010

What makes chileans chileans

Well the topic about what makes chileans chileans it´s a Little bit compicated because to define it you have to generalize and thats not to good, but there is some characteristics that are common for us. For example, the unpunctuality, I have to recognize that I always get late, everywhere, not to much, but it´s just like if I was genetically determinated for been unpunctual. Every day I try not to be but it´s more powerfull than me. I know maybe you are not like that but it´s seems to be characterstic of chilean peolpe not be accurate with the time. Another thing that define us is that we always try to get the most of the situations, always trying to cheat, I really think that we´re not very honest, of course is not every one. But there are good things too, like we have solidarity and maybe this is a Little cliché but I had the posibility to prove it. Solidary initiatives like Un Techo para Chile, where I´ve participate prove that chilean people is really solidary, specially when it´s about por people.
Besides about the question if are we nacionalistic, well I think that on certain occasions we can be very nacionalistic, like today, when the national footbol team plays. It´s so funny because suddenly everyone´s so patriotic. Flags are everywhere. But there´s another situations like earthquakes and floods that make us feels part of this country and wake our felling of cooperate with our own people.


4 comentarios:

  1. for me this topic was complicated too, it's really hard describe ourselves

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Be unpunctual and not very honest? ... that talks very bad about ourselves XD
    And I agree that it's funny the patriotism in the World Cup time. It could be like this all the year (it's a nice atmosphere)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I have to admit I also not very puntual, but I'm been trying to change that xD

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Leave all for last hour too, but like good chileans we laugh about it...I prefer talk about food, landscapes, football, those things make us chileans...

    ResponderEliminar